Saturday, January 3, 2009

"Catch My Star" For January

I would like to wish every one a: HAPPY NEW YEAR! 2008 was a wonderful year, 2009 looks to be even better! I hope that every one had a wonderful Christmas!


Here is our first "Catch My Star" blog teaser for the year! I also have a BIG bonus question at the end so hold on tight and I will introduce you to this months star!


She is, big drum roll please.....................................Nora Bayes!




Now down to the teaser!


1)Nora Bayes was born in 1880. What city and state was she born in and what was her given name?



2)In 1908 she was married. To whom was she married and what was their hit song?



3) What war did Nora Bayes record songs to boost morale?



Those are our three questions. As always the first person to get ALL three right will receive a squishie and a replica picture of this months actress. The second person to get all three right will get a replica picture of this months actress.



Now this month we have a bonus question! This one will get you a Pin Keeper!

One of my all time favorite comedic actors is Jack Lemmon. He of course starred in quite a few wonderful films that I am proud to own! (I do torture my children with one or two on any given Sunday!)



Now at this time you are asking yourself: "What does this have to do with Nora Bayes?"
Just this:
From 1924 to 1928 Nora Bayes had an pianist accompany her while she sang. His name is Louis Alter. He was the writer of some very popular tunes. The one this question is on is called "Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans".
Now this song was sung in a movie which Jack Lemmon starred in. Now the bonus question is: What movie was this and who was the co-star who sang the song?
Upon request in a private e-mail I will give out one hint to who ever would like one for this question!
I hope that every one has fun with this months "Catch My Star" teaser!
Good Luck!!
TTFN

1 comment:

piney cq said...

Thanks Lyn! This is always fun! Great to learn about a couple of folks! I've sent ya private emails! L