In the directions/ rules Debbie(our hostess with the mostess), put down dimensions that we were to follow. The tins were not to exceed 6x8 inches and no smaller than 4x5 inches for the large tins.
With those instructions I took myself to my favorite thrift store to find my tins. I found the required tins(among other things), and brought them home. I pulled them out one day to do some measuring and then got distracted. Have y'all ever done that??? Well needless to say I totally forgot that the tins were on the table. It was trash day and the old man thought that I was going to get rid of them, so into the trash they went.
Now, I have gone dumpster diving before, and I will do it again. In this case it was too late. The trash was gone! I stormed around the house for a while then went back down to my favorite thrift store to get some more. No square tins to be found! Now, y'all don't have, to have me tell you what was running through my mind at that point! I picked up some round and some oval in about the same dimensions that were described in the rules.
When I came back home I emailed Debbie. I told her my sad story and she said that I could use the different shapes, that the dimensions were just a guideline for the approximate size. So my old man got a stay of execution!
The tins that are in the following pictures are the ones that I chose to work on.
I printed out the likes and dislikes of each lady so that I could have them by my sewing machine while I was designing the tins.
The oval tin is hopefully in the colors that my lady likes. She also had down that she like spider webs and encrusted. I hope that what I did on the top is to her liking. The SRE rose motif is one of my favorites!
Here is a side view of the tin. My lady also stated that she likes brocade. I had some vintage brocade and vintage velvet ribbon in my stash. Around the top is a piece of peach braid. Now, around the bottom, is a piece of trim I picked up at a sale from a wholesale factory. The lady who owns the factory makes dance outfits, and every once in a while she has a yard sale to get rid of end pieces.
This next tin I chose to be round. My lady that this tin goes to likes little girl silkies! I also tried to stick to the colors that she stated that she likes, so I am hoping that she likes this tin. Every thing is in the deep Victorian-like colors, except the SRE roses. They are a bright blue. They really stand out!
This tin was a deep, dark green so no spray paint was necessary to help finish off this tin. As you see I have that trim in another color. I thought that this color would look great with the CQ top.
The side of the top of the tin I found some flat vintage lace to glue around it along with some vine trim that I had picked up from Ribbonsmythe. I had some more ribbon flowers. ( I liked sewing for my girls!)