Saturday, April 11, 2009

Peggy's UTS

I finally have the time to write a little! Most of this week was spent on the computer getting things together for my son, Brandon to go to college. I am happy but yet a little sad also. My little boy is going to leave home. He is so excited! His college of choice is Texas Lutheran University in Seguin. Seguin is not far from Bastrop so I am not feeling to bad. It could be worse he could go out of state.

I have had finished Peggy's UTS block and thought that I would share it with everyone. This is a DYB RR so I got to work on for myself. Peggy had very pretty blocks to choose from. She machine embroidered a sea creature on each block. I chose the seahorse block. Seahorses are my favorite!I started by finding a piece of vintage lace that would go along with the first block done by Lisa Boni. Lisa had some very delicate work on the first block.
After finding the right lace piece it went along smoothly from there. I added "sea weed" by using the feather stitch. Shells from a vintage Hawaiian lei that I picked up in a antique store. I got it at a bargain as it really was falling apart. The "coral" that I added was using 4mm silk ribbon with the bullion stitch. Some MOP fish, lots of beads and of course I cannot let a block like this one leave my hands with out my little squid!

Here is a picture of the block that I stitched on:


For all my non CQI friends I have added a picture of the 2 finished blocks so far for this Round Robbin:

The first block in this picture is done by Lisa Boni, and the second block is the one that I stitched on. In my humble opinion they compliment each other very well. That is the challenge for the DYB RR's to have all the blocks go together! Here is to hoping that Peggy is going to like what was done on her block!
***I have been working on the bonus prize for my "Catch My Star" blog teaser. I want to post a picture of it when I post my challenge. It is special and not my usual pin keeper! I will be posting my challenge in a couple of days so watch for it!***
TTFN

No comments: