Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cobi's Autumn RR Block

Here it is! This is what I have so diligently have been working on!

Cobi's Autumn RR Block:

I had received this block in the mail about 2 weeks ago give or take some days. Cobi's note stated that she wanted someone to use this CUTE little silkie and a wonderful piece of tatting on her block.

I was the first one to get this block so I thought that the silkie needed to go on first. So I started to come up with a design the would incorporate it. Cobi is always on the "cutting edge" of CQ so I had wrote her a note asking if she minded that I used burned silk leaves on it. (It gave me the opportunity to try burning silk!) She also had wanted a spider and berries. As you can see I also put those on the block.

The berries are stump work berries. I used pony beads to make these.

This is also my first attempt in doing stump work. I thought they came out well. Now to try more stump work!

The tatting around the silkie is not the one Cobi had wanted to use on the block. It is a vintage piece that I had in my stash that I thought would lend its self to the block and the colors very well.

I have really enjoyed working on this block and am grateful to Cobi for letting me experiment with her block.

I am working on Karrin's Birds and Bees RR block at the moment and will hopefully have a post about it in no time!

TTFN

2 comments:

Pearl said...

very pretty.

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Hi Lyn! I am fascinated with these burned silk leaves! I hope you might do a tutorial on this technique some time! (hint hint)
I really liked the way your stumpwork berries turned out too. This is also going on my list of things to try! Thanks for all your inspiration!
Hugs,
Kerry