The supplies that you will need are:
1 3 1/2 x 5 picture frame
1 piece of backing fabric
1 piece of lace about 3 inches wide
1 spool of quilting thread
#5 perle cotton thread green and one other color
1) Cut the backing piece of fabric to 6 and a half inches x 7 inches.
3) Turn the backing fabric so that your 3 1/2 x 5 inch square is on the back.
4) Find a piece of silk/cotton. A solid color is preferable for this project. Cut this fabric to the size of the backing fabric square.
5) With a sewing machine sew around the outside of the backing fabric and the silk fabric making one piece of layered fabric. Then sew around the 3 1/2 x 5 inch block making sure that you sew on the ink drawn lines.
6) Cut a piece of lace to the size of your block lengthwise. place the piece of lace where the scalloped part of the lace is half way through the 3 1/2 x 5 inch square in your block. Sew it in so that it does not move while you are working with the block.
8) Fashion these into yo-yo's by folding them in half lengthwise and hand sewing with the quilting thread the raw edges together. (The 1 to 1 1/2 inch side is the one that is sewn together by the raw edges. This makes a circle.) You then fold the circles in half with the raw edges from the small end on the inside. You then with the quilting thread and needle in hand gather together the raw edges and make sure you secure them into the yo-yo knotting the thread off.
9) Take your fabric and lace block and put into an embroidery hoop. with the perle cotton thread embroider with the feather stitch "vines" with the green then with the other color you can combine with the feather stitch the lazy daisy stitch for "flowers".
10) Arrange the yo-yo flowers onto your block in the 3 1/2 inch by 5 inch square then sew them in with some perle cotton floss. Attach them to your block by the center of the yo-yo flower. Because you will be attaching the yo-yo's by the center you can use a different color floss to make some color for the center of your flower.
11) After all this is done you will put the square into the picture frame. Your project is done.
I hope that you enjoyed my tutorial and if you have any questions let me know.