Sunday, July 12, 2009

The First In A Long Line...................

Hello, everyone! I am glad to see all of y'all! First off I want to tell everyone that I had an auto accident on Tuesday. It actually rained in this part of Texas............Well Lockhart any way! I hydroplaned off the road. My car went through three lanes of traffic(with out hitting any other car!). Down a bar ditch sideways the rear tire hit a covert(that is what finally stopped the car). I wound up sitting in the parking lot of The First Assembly of God Church! At that point I knew who I needed to thank!

So, I am just letting everyone know that I am a week behind in everything that I am doing here at the house. Ladies who are receiving prizes from my blog teaser they will be mailed out on Monday God willing! I took this weekend to try and catch up on my Round Robins and am almost there! I have two that I will be posting on this week well maybe three as I don't think that the third that I started this weekend will take me very long! Inspiration has HIT with that one!

I also started work on my Basic Quilting class for StitchMAP. I am mentoring two ladies through this class and taking it myself.
I had thought to myself how am I going to make this class a challenge for myself. It is a BASIC class after all..........
Then it came to me, color! Pick out colors that I would never pick out and learn to work with them thought this class.(I have to find a challenge in everything that I do. That is how I learn all the different things that I learn. Who is to say that I wont need to know how to work with these colors later?? I will already be ahead of the game!) Here are the pictures of the material that I picked out for the class:





What do y'all think?? Great colors, huh?? I cant wait to show off how these projects are coming along! I think that the finished projects will be stunning! When I get finished piecing them I will put up the photos!
TTFN


5 comments:

Ruby said...

I love your color choices. That is going to be gorgeous! Hope you're better and better!

Susan said...

Lyn,
I am so thankful you are ok. What a real miracle!
Well, evidently you are not a 'red lover', since there is a lot of red in that fabric. But I think it will look gorgeous togehter!

Amy said...

Great color choices. I can't wait to see it all together!

Unknown said...

Lyn I cannot wait to see how it looks together....I think the color choices are great...

Quilter Beth said...

I was just catching up on the blogs I like to read and saw that you were in a car accident. I know this is a little late, but I sure am glad you are ok. So sorry to hear about the accident. Thankfully, you were very lucky.