Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day Fun

For Mothers Day my DH went out with the kids and bought me a new photo copier, scanner and printer. It is just wonderful! I am going to have lots and lots of fun with this! Yesterday (Mothers Day) I scanned lots of pictures. I am requesting copies of pictures from my moms mother. I just do not have pictures from that side of the family. My dads mother gave me lots of pictures, so I hove those grandparents pictures. My dads mother about 10 years ago went through her pictures and gave me some "just in case" is the way she put it when she gave them to me. My favorite I am going to print on the printer fabric that I ordered today and do some SRE around it. I have a blank wall in the house that needs some attention!


My DH's mother sent before she passed away, sent pictures of his family. I am going to work with those also and hang them up for DH. He seemed to like that thought. His sister might get some for her Christmas. Well any all and all I had a great Mother's Day.
Here are some of the pictures that I found and scanned, getting ready to print on silk and do some SRE motifs to:

This Picture is of DH's grandmother the one he did not get to know well. DH is the baby in the picture. The little girl is DH's sister Carol. I think that this is the one that I am going to work with first. As I think that Grandma Gaskill's picture means alot to David. I am currently trying to find a picture of Davids grandpa Landers, he passed away of cancer when David was still little. From what I understand Grandpa Landers used to take David everywhere with him.

This is my favorite picture of my Painter grandparents. I know that this is a 1970's picture (eairly '70's) but it is the one that I rember being in our living room growing up. I have more recent pictures but by and far this is my favorite.(I am still looking for my moms parents pictures.) I emailed Ginney today for their wedding picture. Their 60th anniversery is coming up! I would love to have their wedding picture.

Here is the picture of my darling son. This is his year old picture. It is hard to believe that he is going to be 18yo and a senior in high school this coming year. It seems like yesterday that I was changing his diapers. So this is the first of the childrens photos that I will work with.

It is just taking time to go through all of the memories and scan them to the computer. In the future they will be saved to CD.

No comments: