Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Stitches

Today I want to talk a little about stitches.  I have been up on my soap box for a few weeks now about stitches being the basic rule for Crazy Quilts.  I thought that some of the ladies out there might be feeling helpless or frustrated and might need a little push in the right direction.  This might be the case if you are limited in the wallet area like many of us are these days.  I went to my Google box and typed in embroidery stitches and up came quite a few items that you could print up for you reference.  I would like to show you a few.


The stitches above are some that I use on a regular basis.  Especially the Fly, French Knot, Lazy Daisy and Feather stitches.


After seeing the above set of stitches I am thinking that I need to "play" with the chain stitch.


Out of the above stitches the leaf in the lower left hand corner caught my eye.


The above stitches show a few great combinations.


These images were picked up from the Internet quite fast and they make a great "quick" reference for your stitching.  Of course there are many more where these came from.  You don't really have to put out a whole lot of money to get "how to's" for the basic stitches.  Print them up and put them in your Crazy Quilt notebook so you have them tonight when you sit down to stitch.

I have said it before and will say it again, you are only limited to your own imagination.  Please, feel free to use these images for your stitching.  Just Google embroidery stitches and you will find many more.

TTFN
The Lion

No comments: