Monday, August 3, 2009

Simona's Landscape Block

I have this book. It is a really neat little book with lots and lots of inspiration in it. It is called The Silk Ribbon Embroidery Bible by Joan Gordon. About mid way through this book is a section called Motif Library. The past few blocks that I have stitched on I have really worn out this section. This block is no exception!

I found a motif that I adapted to Simona's block. Complete with snapdragons! (If you will scroll down my side bar you will see that the snapdragon is the flower that I am!) I really liked how this turned out all except for the rather large pink flowers at the bottom. I thought about taking them out but then stopped. Maybe Simona would like them?? If you don't like them Simona it will not hurt my feelings at all if you remove them.

I also have some butterfly and bee beads to add to the block, I am going to send them along to Cobi and let her attach them. I did not want them to be in her way when she started with her inspiration!!

Here is a picture of Simona's whole block so far.

Here is a close up on the SRE that I added to the block.

I hope that you like it Simona!
TTFN

4 comments:

Skye said...

Wow! Wow! Wow!! You work is fantastic!!! I know she will really love it..hugs,Skye

Simona said...

Your work is beautiful! I am so excited to receive this block back to see all that beauty in person!
Thank you so much!

Karrin Hurd said...

Great work, love the snapdragons!

Anonymous said...

Lyn, that is stunning. your SRE work is fantastic!!! WOW, is it so lovely. I know she will love it:)