Sunday, January 22, 2012

My First Journal Block

I have emerged from my sewing space with a beautiful first block for my Journal.  What do you think?  I thought that I would start with my grandmothers favorite flower the daisy.  I have picked out the floss and silk ribbon that I am going to use on it.  I can't wait to start.

My friend Shari suggested a really complicated name for my journal "Homage to Myrtle Jane."  I am thinking of a simpler name of "My Grandmothers Flower Garden."  I am very lucky that I had the privilege of having Myrtle Jane Wagner Painter in my life up until a few years ago.  I miss her terrably.  Lucky me though my mothers mom is still alive.  I treasure her even more now that Myrtle is gone.  I will have to do another journal for LaVerne Heilscher Wallace.

I hope that you will follow this journey of love.  The love of flowers and everything that grows in a garden and the love for my grandmother.

TTFN
The Lion

2 comments:

Arlene White said...

Beautiful buddy.....

Arlene
http://arlenes-crafts.blogspot.com/

DreamzAngel said...

I love the colors! It is beautiful, I can't wait to see the stitches!