Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Tussie Mussie Sunday

This past Sunday I played with the making of tussie mussies.  I had read several on-line tutorials on how to make tussie mussies and kinda played around with them.  First I started off with circles.




I cut circles out of poster board and fabric.  I glued the fabric to the poster board and started following several directions.  I hit upon one that really worked for me.



Well I did modify it a little.  Everyone should know by now I usually make a pattern my own!


And here is the finished product:




Well what do y'all think?  All anyone has to do is remember the bigger the circle the bigger the tussie mussie!

Now for the fun of my post.  I am going to have a drawing for these exp. tussie mussies.  Two lucky people will get one of these.  All you have to do is leave a comment on this post.  Don't forget I will need your address to send the prize on.  So if you would contact me with a way to get in touch with you I will be able to send your prize on.  My email address is glynpg@yahoo.com .

TTFN
The Lion

6 comments:

Amy said...

They turned out beautiful!

Ruby said...

Aren't tussie mussies supposed to be filled with flowers, candy or cq embellishments??? LOL JUST KIDDING!!
These are lovely. Looks like fun. Did these originate during the Victorian era? I don't remember what I've read. Thanks for the giveaway.

Lesley said...

Good morning. Thank you for putting me out of my misery. At least I know what a tussie mussie is. Why haven't I discovered them before. They're really cool. Please enter me in your draw. I would love to see one close up. Blessings Lesley
technoturt@yahoo.com

Shari said...

I would get the fussies without one of your mussies. I want one with lots of lace for my darling little Grace. Filled with candy would be dandy. You get a gold ring, they're just right for Spring. Please enter my name, then draw out the same.

HUGS, Shari

Shawkl said...

Very pretty! What a clever girl you are!! Just too, too cool!

Patti said...

when you say modify, what did you have to modify, I need as much info as I can get as I am making these (300) for my fathers wedding in 2 months!! great job BTW!!